When purchasing a used car there are a few things that buyers need to be aware of that new owners might not. Here are some advice and tips regarding purchasing a new car.
- Get an auto insurance quote on the vehicle before buying it.
- Check the tires, because they may need to be replaced soon.
- Look up the car’s history to see if it has been in any serious collisions.
- Check all of the lights, because the owner may not realize some of them are out.
- Check for any small scratches and dents, some might not be visible immediately.
- Make sure the vehicle is legal in the area; tint that is too dark is a common problem.
- Look at the Blue Book value as well as the prices online before making a purchase.
- If the car’s tires are flat it is a good sign the car hasn’t been well maintained.
- Test out the brakes very thoroughly, failing breaks can be very dangerous.
- Check for the owner’s manual; it’s not vital, but it is nice to have and the owner may still have it.
For more information about automobile insurance contact the experts at Mike Leonard Insurance.