Your kids don’t have to know that these tasty Halloween treats are actually healthy!
For kids, Halloween is all about candy, candy, and more candy. However, as a parent, you know that consuming an excessive amount of sugar is unhealthy and can lead to some very serious stomachaches. For the sake of your kids’ health, try tricking them into eating these tasty Halloween treats that are actually healthy.
Fruity Candy Corn Parfait
- 1 pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 oranges, cut into bite-sized chunks (can substitute small tangerines such as Cuties)
- whipped cream
- candy corn, for garnish
- In a clear glass, layer pineapple, then oranges, and top with a layer of whipped cream. Add a couple of pieces of candy corn on top for garnish.
- Serve right immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Halloween Mummy Crunchers
- 1 1/3 cups of garden vegetable cream cheese spread, softened
- 20 pieces of cut celery
- 3 slices of deli sliced cooked ham
- 10 sweetened dried cranberries
- Place cream cheese in a resealable food-storage plastic bag. Snip 1/2 inch off one corner of the bag. Pipe about 1 tablespoon into each celery piece.
- Cut each ham slice lengthwise into 16 pieces. Then cut pieces crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Place about 12 ham pieces over cream cheese to look like mummy bandages. Use the tip of a knife to tuck the ends of each ham piece into the cream cheese, so they aren’t hanging over the sides of the celery.
- Cut each cranberry into ten small pieces (should have 40 pieces total). Place these pieces between “bandages” to create eyes for your celery mummies.
Your child will have no idea that these fun and tasty Halloween treats are actually healthy! Want a great way to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your belongings this Halloween? Then make sure you have the right personal insurance protections in place. For assistance with all your coverage needs, contact the team at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.