Car Insurance: Getting The Best Bang For Your Buck
Due to the legal ramifications surrounding the requirement, there is no getting out of purchasing auto insurance. However, that does not mean that you have to break the bank purchasing this vital necessity. There are a wide range of insurance mistakes you may have fallen victim to that may be hindering your ability to hold an affordable and comprehensive policy. Gathered is a list of the top car insurance mistakes so that you can keep yourself in the clear:
- You may have chosen too low of a deductible when you first selected your policy. This means your monthly out-of-pocket expenses are higher than necessary. You should raise your deductible to an amount that you would be comfortable paying if you were involved in an accident.
- You should shop your auto insurance every year or so to make sure that you are receiving the best rates available. There is an array of auto insurance discounts available to you that you may not be utilizing currently. These discounts include the good student discount if you have children, the multi-policy discount, the good driving discount, the defensive driving course discount, quote at least eight days in advance discount and the longevity discount for being with your current company for at least 3 years.
- Installing a few extra safety features may also land you a less expensive auto insurance policy. If you install rearview cameras or anti-theft systems, you will be rewarded for enhancing safety on the open roads.
- You are granted an annual policy review for a reason – you deserve it! By sticking to your same plan year after year, you may be overpaying for auto insurance. Simply review your policy with your agent at least once a year so that you can feel confident that you are getting the best bang for your buck.
- If you can comfortably afford to do so, it may be advantageous to either pay your policy in full or bi-annually. This can save you anywhere from 5 to 10 percent on your premiums.
Serving Carrollton, North Texas, Coppell, and all of Texas, contact Mike Leonard Insurance Agency for all of your auto insurance needs. Allow us to find you the right Texas auto insurance policy that maximizes your security on the open roads.