January is national soup month! Celebrate this month with this delicious crock-pot soup recipe.
When temperatures drop, there’s nothing better than warming your soul with a steaming bowl of hearty soup. Perhaps that’s why January was named National Soup Month. Make the most of this month by whipping up this delicious crock-pot-soup recipe.
Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (19 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 2 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 1/3 c. cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- Sour cream, for serving
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Sliced lime, for serving
- Crushed tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine onion, spices, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken and broth in the bowl of your Crock-Pot. Stir together to combine all ingredients. Set on high and cook for 3 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken from Crock-Pot and shred. Return to pot and stir in cheese and cream. Stir and place on low until cheese is melted.
- Serve into bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro, crushed chips, more cheddar and a slice of lime if desired.
Warm your soul this January with this easy yet delicious crock-pot soup recipe. If you are looking for insurance this January, then look to the experts at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance. Contact us to get started today.