When student drivers are added to the family, expenses take a big leap. There’s the additional fuel costs, perhaps an additional vehicle, and of course auto insurance rates increase. There are some steps you can take to lower your car insurance premiums. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- If your student driver gets exceptional grades, check into a good student discount.
- Some companies offer discounts based on your employment. Look into preferred job discounts.
- If you don’t drive that often, ask about low mileage rates.
- A good credit score can lead to lower car insurance rates.
- Go green. Some companies offer you a better rate if you go to paperless billing.
- If you have anti-theft devices on your car, let your agent know. It may qualify you for a discount.
- You may get a multi-policy discount by getting your home insurance and your car insurance with the same company.
- Are you a member of the military? This may get you an additional discount.
At Mike Leonard Insurance, we want to help you save money on your insurance costs. We serve the Dallas-Ft. Worth area from Carrollton, Texas with great prices and multiple options. Ready to find out how much we can save you? Contact Mike Leonard Insurance today!