Spread holiday cheer with this delicious holiday treat.
Want to bake something special this holiday season? Then try out this recipe for homemade biscotti. This delicious holiday treat is perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea and it makes a stunning gift that everyone will love. Bake up a batch of these cookies and you won’t be disappointed!
White Chocolate-Dipped Almond Biscotti
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 3 to 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- 18 ounces white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs with an electric mixture until pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest and then the flour, and beat until just blended. (The dough will be sticky). Stir in the almonds. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough evenly into 2 equal mounds and place on the prepared baking sheet. With moist hands, space the dough evenly apart and form into 2 (9 by-3-inch) logs. Bake for 35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut the logs crosswise into 3/4-inch-thick diagonal slices. Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the same baking sheet. Bake until the cookies are pale golden, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a medium sized bowl. Dip the end of each biscotti in the chocolate. Transfer the dipped biscotti to a wire rack, set over a baking sheet, until the chocolate has hardened. Store in an airtight container.
Serve up this delicious holiday treat and you’re sure to delight everyone this holiday season! We at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a truly happy holiday. If you are looking for insurance coverage this holiday season, then contact us. Located in North Texas, our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.