Serve up this fun recipe for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Saint Patrick’s Day is nearly here! Are you looking for a fun way to get into the spirit of things? Then try serving up this green recipe for Saint Patrick’s Day.
Avocado Pesto Pasta
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb. linguine
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, blend avocado, basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper until creamy. (For a looser texture, add another splash of olive oil.)
- Add pesto to pasta along with 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and toss well to combine. Add tomatoes and toss. Serve with more Parmesan and fresh basil sprinkled on top.
This easy and delicious recipe is sure to impress this Saint Patrick’s Day. Are for looking for assistance with your personal insurance this March? Then contact the professionals at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance. Don’t worry, we’ll get you the coverage you need today.