Celebrate the season with this fresh spring recipe.
Spring has finally sprung! With the promise of warmer temperatures and beautiful weather ahead, there’s much to celebrate about this season. Want a tasty way to welcome the new season? Then try whipping up this fresh spring recipe for your family to enjoy.
Green Pasta Primavera
- 1 bunch fresh basil 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- ½ + 2 tablespoons cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- ½ cup shelled English peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, stalks diced, tips left whole
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or as needed
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Hold basil bunch by the stems and dip basil leaves in boiling water until bright green, about 2 seconds. Immediately immerse basil in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Once the basil is cold, drain well. Remove basil leaves from stems and discard stems.
- Blend basil leaves, 1 cup chicken broth, ½ cup olive oil, and garlic together in a blender until smooth.
- Stir fettuccine into the same pot of boiling water, bring back to a boil, and cook pasta over medium heat until cooked through but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir leek and green onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add jalapeno and salt; cook and stir until jalapeno is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Stir 2 cups chicken broth, zucchini, sugar snap peas, and English peas into jalapeno mixture; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add asparagus and continue cooking until asparagus is soft, about 3 minutes more.
- Pour ¼ cup basil-garlic mixture into zucchini mixture and cook and stir until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place pasta in a large bowl; pour zucchini mixture over pasta and pour remaining basil-garlic mixture over the zucchini mixture. Spread Parmesan cheese over the top. Toss mixture briefly to combine and tightly wrap bowl with aluminium foil. Let stand until pasta and vegetables soak up most of the juices and oil, about 5 minutes. Toss again.
Whip up this fresh spring recipe to enjoy all the delicious flavors of the season. Are you looking for assistance with your auto or home insurance this spring? Then don’t hesitate to contact the professionals at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.