We wish you a happy and safe holiday season.
With the holidays nearly upon us, we at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a very happy, healthy, and safe holiday season. As a premier insurance provider, we understand that the holidays introduce certain risks. Because the holiday season should only be about family, fun, and togetherness, we would like to do everything in our power to help you and your loved ones stay safe. Here are some of the safety suggestions that you should implement to have a happy and safe holiday season.
- Protect against home fire risks. Please refer to our article “Protect Your Home from These Fire Risks This Holiday Season” for some of our best home fire safety tips.
- Before you set out on your holiday road trip, make sure that you have your car professionally serviced. This will reduce your chances of breaking down in the middle of your journey.
- Check to see which weather conditions you will encounter on your drive and prepare your car accordingly. For instance, if rain is expected, then make sure your car has new tires, heavy-duty windshield wipers, and freshly cleaned headlights.
- Pack an emergency car kit. Your kit should include things like basic tools, first aid supplies, food, water, emergency money, and other useful supplies in the event that you break down and get stranded.
- If you are leaving for the holidays, keep your plans under wraps. You do not want many people to know that your home will be uninhabited as this increases the chance of your home being targeted for a robbery.
- Hire a house sitter or ask a friend to collect your mail and keep an eye on your home while you are away. A human presence at your home will keep criminals away.
- If you are particularly worried about a break-in, then invest in a good home security system.
We at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency hope that you try out these suggestions to have a happy and safe holiday season. Remember, having the right insurance is another way to protect yourself and your loved ones. For assistance with your personal coverage needs, contact us. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Nationwide, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.