Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Whether you will be online shopping or attending every local mall and boutique to complete all of your holiday shopping, you must have a safety first mindset. Unfortunately, many criminals take advantage of our blissful mindset during the most joyous time of year, leaving a wide range of holiday hazards for us to prepare ourselves against. Gathered are the essential holiday shopping safety tips to make for a pleasant shopping experience:
- Safety starts with the websites you are shopping on. Make sure to look for “https” in the URL of the website and do not shop on sites that only have “http” in the URL.
- While you may think that there is no harm in shopping at the internet café in your neighborhood, this unsecured network can leave you vulnerable as others have access to what you are looking at and how much you are spending online.
- Before you jumpstart your holiday shopping, make sure to clean out your purse and wallet of any unnecessary items. This means taking out the extra credit cards so that you do not leave these items vulnerable. Additionally, make sure to place your wallet in a safe place where criminals cannot easily swoop in and take your sensitive information.
- We suggest keeping all of your holiday spending limited to one credit or debit card, as it will allow you to easily scan through your transactions to confirm accuracy.
- Most importantly, make sure to shred all financial documents such as credit card statements before disposing of the material. This will ensure safety of your most personal and sensitive information.
Merry Christmas from our family to yours! We these helpful holiday shopping safety tips make for a successful experience. Serving Carrollton, Coppell, and all of North Texas, contact Mike Leonard Insurance Agency for all of your insurance needs.