Learn what must-have supplies you should keep in your car.
As a driver, you never know what unexpected situation you might encounter while on the road. That’s why it’s so important to be prepared for anything that might come your way. One of the best ways to be prepared is by having your car stocked with essential items. Here are some of the must-have supplies you should keep in your car at all times.
Repair and Maintenance
No one wants to get stranded on the side of the road. That’s why you should have the necessary equipment to deal with minor repairs. Here are some of the tools and supplies you should always have on hand:
- Spare tire, tire jack, and tire iron- Having these supplies on hand will allow you to change a flat tire.
- Tire inflator and sealer- If you tire has a minor leak, then having an inflator and sealer can help you avoid having to go through the process of completely changing your tire.
- Jumper cables- Having your car battery die is a relatively common problem. This is why you should have jumper cables so you can give your car the boost it needs. You might also want to consider carrying an emergency battery booster with you so you don’t have to rely on a good Samaritan to give you a jump.
Safety and Survival
It’s also important to have some supplies with you just so you are prepared for an emergency situation. For instance, you should carry:
- First aid kit- This kit should be stocked with things like bandages, gauze, painkillers, antiseptic wipes, sunscreen, bug spray, and so on.
- Flashlight- You should also carry extra batteries to ensure that you can always see.
- Blankets and spare clothing- You don’t know what kind of weather situation you might encounter. To be prepared, carry warm clothes and blankets with you at all times.
- Food- You should have enough food rations to last you several days. If you are travelling with passengers, then make sure you have enough emergency food supplies for them as well.
- Water- Like food, you should carry enough water to ensure that you and all your passengers can stay hydrated for several days.
Finally, there are some things that you should carry for convenience or general comfort. For example:
- Reusable shopping bags
- Emergency money
- Phone charger
These are some of the must-have supplies you should keep in your car to be ready for anything. Want another way to be prepared? Then make sure you have the right auto insurance to address all your risks. To find the right policies to meet your needs, contact the professionals at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance. Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered.