Planning for Thanksgiving dinner can be a snap with this guide!
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is almost here? While it can be easy to let all the food and decoration prep stress you out if you’re hosting this year’s dinner, it doesn’t have to! Use this simple Thanksgiving planner to help you glide through the holidays with ease.
1 Month Before:
- Finalize the guest list – knowing exactly how many people to expect at your house as early as possible will help make the planning for the food and seating much easier.
- Create your menu – you don’t want to have to run out to the store at the last minute to pick up a forgotten ingredient. Giving yourself enough time to build a menu will help to make sure that you don’t forget Aunt Suzie’s prized green bean recipe.
3 Weeks Before:
- Order a turkey – ordering a turkey is the easiest way to avoid a race at the supermarket. Assume 2 pounds per adult and 1 pound per child to allow for leftovers.
- Stock your bar – liquor and wine will keep well before the big day and are very easy to pour so that you won’t be stuck playing bartender all night.
1 Week Before:
- Make a cooking schedule and seating chart – the more organized you can get before the big day, the more at ease you will feel.
- Shop for non-perishables – getting non-perishable items a week in advance will help to ensure that your grocery store is well stocked. This is also the perfect time to pick up your turkey.
- Have fun – Thanksgiving revolves around delicious food and loved ones. Stick to your schedule as much as you can and don’t worry if anything doesn’t go as planned. Chances are, nobody will even notice!
Happy Thanksgiving from Mike Leonard Insurance Agency! Contact us for all of your Texas insurance needs.