Have a delicious Easter Sunday.
With Easter right around the corner, you may be planning to host your loved ones for dinner. While you may already have plans for your main course, you may be struggling to think of tasty side dishes. For a truly delicious Easter Sunday, serve up this fresh and easy side.
Asparagus and Chive Tart
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator overnight
- All-purpose flour, for rolling out pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup freshly grated fontina
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped chives
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 lb. asparagus, washed and trimmed
- Sea salt, for finishing
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line half sheet pan with parchment paper. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to make a 10-inch by 16-inch rectangle.
- Using a sharp paring knife, gently score a ¾-inch border, carefully cutting halfway through the pastry. Using a fork, gently prick center area all over, every 1 inch, then brush border lightly with egg wash and bake 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Parmesan, fontina, chives, eggs, heavy cream, and pepper. Spread cheese mixture evenly across the center of puff pastry, leaving the ¾-inch border uncovered. Evenly arrange asparagus across the center of pastry, avoiding the border.
- Lightly drizzle asparagus with olive oil and bake until pastry is golden brown and asparagus is fork-tender, 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
This beautiful and tasty side dish will make for a delicious Easter Sunday. Do you need help with your insurance leading up to the holiday weekend? If so, then contact the experts at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers, including: Kemper, MetLife, Nationwide, Travelers, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.