No matter how cautious you are when driving there will be times when you will face an emergency on the road. It’s very important for you to have an emergency car kit available so that you can remain safe no matter what occurs.
- Jumper cables or a portable battery that you can use to restart your car.
- A first aid kit, just in case you encounter a small injury while repairing your vehicle.
- Foam tire repair solution. This type of solution allows you to quickly repair a blown tire.
- Road flares. These can be very useful if you end up stuck on the side of a very dark road.
- A working flashlight, in case you end up stopped by the side of the road in the dark.
- An umbrella or poncho, in the event that it is raining where you are stopped.
- A small tool set, containing items such as electrical tape and screwdrivers.
Remember that you can also purchase an emergency car kit at a store if you don’t want to have to assemble it yourself.
For information about auto insurance, including road side help and other features that are helpful in an emergency, contact Mike Leonard Insurance.