Need a last-minute addition to your holiday feast? The whip up this simple yet tasty Thanksgiving recipe.
Thanksgiving is tomorrow! This means that time is of the essence when it comes to your menu planning. Looking for one last dish to round out your holiday dinner? Then try preparing this cheesy butternut squash bake. This tasty Thanksgiving recipe is sure to impress!
Cheesy Butternut Squash
- 2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped thyme
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet (or in a large baking dish), toss butternut squash with olive oil, garlic, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, then scatter bacon on top.
- Bake until the squash is tender and the bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with parsley and serve warm.
Serve up this tasty Thanksgiving recipe, and you won’t be disappointed. Are you looking for assistance with your personal insurance needs this holiday weekend? If so, then contact the experts at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.