Keep your high-mileage vehicle running smoothly for years to come.
Keeping up with car maintenance tasks is important for every car owner. However, once your car hits 100,000 or more miles, then you might have to give your vehicle a little more attention to keep it going. Use this checklist to help you stay on top of the tasks that will keep your high-mileage vehicle running smoothly.
- Check your tire pressure.
- Check your oil levels. If you need to add more, then it’s recommended to use oil that’s designed explicitly for high-mileage vehicles.
- Check your coolant levels.
- Clean your windshield, mirrors, backup camera lens, and so on.
Every 3,000 Miles
- Change your oil and replace your oil filter. This will ensure that your car has enough high-quality oil to keep the engine running smoothly. This will also prevent the formation of build-up that could compromise the efficiency and longevity of your car’s engine.
- Add fuel injector cleaner to your fuel.
Every Six Months
- Take your car in and have it professionally serviced. At the time of your inspection, bring up any issues you have noticed with your vehicle. Your mechanic should check your car’s engine and battery for signs of deterioration and perform other routine checks. As your car gets older, you should have it serviced more frequently.
- Inspect your brakes.
- Rotate your tires and have them re-aligned if necessary.
- Inspect hoses and clamps.
- Clean battery connections.
- Check brake fluid levels.
These are some of the steps that you should take to keep your high-mileage vehicle running for years to come. Want another way to take care of your car? Then make sure you have the right auto insurance protections in place. For assistance with your car coverage needs, contact the professionals at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.