Determining The Safety Of A Vehicle
If you are one of the many individuals in the market for a new car in 2015, it is important that you check the safety ratings published by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Each year, they test the crashworthiness of new vehicles on the market to provide you with insight information into the car you are interested in purchasing. These tests determine how well occupants will be protected in the event of a collision.
In order to qualify for the 2015 Top Safety Pick, you must earn good ratings in the moderate overlap front, side, roof strength, head restraint tests, and the small overlap front test. In order to qualify for the 2015 Top Safety Pick+, you must meet both the Top Safety Pick criteria, and receive an advanced or superior rating for the front crash prevention test. The 2015 Top Safety Picks and Top Safety Picks+ include:
- Minicars TSP: 2015 Chevrolet Spark; 2015 Honda Fit
- Small Cars TSP: 2015 Chevrolet Volt; 2015 Dodge Dart; 2015 Ford C-Max Hybrid; 2015 Ford Focus; 2015 Honda Civic 2-Door Coupe; 2015 Honda Civic 4-Door Sedan; 2015 Hyundai Elantra Sedan; 2015 Kia Soul; 2015 Mini Cooper Countryman; 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer; 2015 Scion FR-S; 2015 Scion tC; 2015 Subaru BRZ; 2015 Subaru WRX, 2015 Volkswagen Golf; 2015 Volkswagen GTI
- Small Cars TSP+: 2015 Toyota Prius; 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek; 2015 Mazda 3; 2015 Lexus CT 200h
- Midsize SUVs TSP: 2015 Chevrolet Equinox; 2015 GMC Terrain’ 2015 Nissan Pathfinder
- Large Luxury Cars TSP+: 2015 Acura RLX; 2015 Hyundai Genesis; 2015 Infiniti Q70; 2015 Lexus RC; 2015 Mercedes E Class; 2015 Volvo S80
Serving Carrollton, Coppell, and all of North Texas, contact Mike Leonard Insurance Agency for all of your auto insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to secure you the absolute best coverage possible, all for the right price.