Insurance to help you if your car breaks down.
If you’ve ever experienced engine failure or a flat tire that leaves you stranded on the side of the road, then you know how stressful this experience can be. Luckily, there is an insurance option that can help you in this situation. Adding roadside assistance coverage to your auto insurance in Carrollton, Texas is an option that most car insurers offer their clients. But what is roadside assistance and what can it do for you? Here’s what you should know about this coverage option.
What does it cover?
Roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional driving out to you and making minor repairs to make your car drivable again. This coverage is not designed to handle major mechanical failures or the damages caused by a major auto accident. These issues are covered by your auto warranty and collision coverage respectively. However, this does not mean that roadside assistance coverages are limited. Covered roadside assistance services include:
- Towing service: If your car cannot be repaired easily, then your roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of having your car towed to a nearby mechanic.
- Battery jumpstart service: If your battery dies, then roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional driving over to jumpstart or even change out your car’s battery.
- Flat tire service: Roadside assistance will also cover the cost of having someone come and change a flat tire on your car.
- Lockout service: If you accidentally lock yourself out of your car, then roadside assistance will cover the cost of a service professional or locksmith getting you back into your vehicle.
- Fuel delivery service: If you run out of gas while you’re driving, then your roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional bringing you enough fuel to make it to the nearest gas station.
- Extrication service: If your car gets stuck (like in mud, sand, or a hole), then roadside assistance insurance will help you cover the cost of having someone come out and help you dislodge your vehicle.
Is this coverage worth it?
When it comes down to it, the decision to get roadside assistance insurance is a personal one. However, this optional coverage is highly recommended for all drivers because everyone will experience some type of breakdown at least once in their lives. Having roadside assistance coverage will ensure that you get back on the road quickly and at little cost to you. If you own an older vehicle and often have to drive for long distances, then securing roadside assistance insurance is strongly advised. This is because you have a higher chance of breaking down and becoming stranded.
This is what you need to know about roadside assistance insurance. Do you have further questions regarding your auto insurance in Carrollton, Texas? If so, then contact the experts at Mike Leonard Insurance Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to find you the right coverage from one of our many carriers including: Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance.