Join Us In Celebrating American Heart Month!
February is American Heart Month, which means there is no better time than now to indulge on delicious and nutritious heart healthy dessert recipes. These delicious oatmeal raisin cookies will undoubtedly become a family favorite, so whip these bad boys up for a nutritious treat:
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
What you will need:
- ½ Cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup of Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup of Regular Oats
- ½ Cup of Raisins
- Cooking Spray
How to prepare:
- To begin, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixer until it is light and fluffy. Once well combined, spoon flour into a measuring cup and level with a knife. Add both flour and oats to the egg mixture and beat until well blended. Add the raisins and stir.
- Scoop the mixture onto a cooking spray-coated baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Cool for about 3 minutes before serving and indulging!
Join us in recognizing February as American Heart Month and supporting the American Heart Association by enjoying heart healthy dessert recipes all month long! Serving Carrollton, North Texas, Coppell, and all of Texas, contact Mike Leonard Agency for all of your insurance needs.