Understanding The New “Two Steps, One Sticker” Law
Calling all Texas residents! Starting on March 1, 2015, a new law regarding vehicle registration and inspection will be implemented. This new law, known as “Two Steps, One Sticker” states that vehicle inspection and registration will no longer be separate stickers. Rather, you will need to have your vehicle inspected in order to renew your registration each year. The blue-bordered registration sticker will now represent meeting both vehicle registration and inspection requirements.
Your Part In The Equation:
- March 1st, 2015 through February 29th, 2016 – As long as your car has recently passed inspection, you will be able to renew your registration as usual. Those whose registration and inspection expire at the same time will need to pass an inspection before renewal will be accepted.
- March 1st, 2016 and beyond – Both your registration and inspection will expire at the same time and you will have a 90-day grace period to update both accordingly.
Benefits Of “Two Steps, One Sticker” Law:
- Rather than having two different dates to worry about, you will have the luxury of enjoying one sticker, meaning one date. “Two Steps, One Sticker” allows you to enjoy one expiration date.
- Clutter is gone! No longer will you have to see two stickers in your view, since the one sticker rule will only require you to post one sticker.
- Inspection requirements in order to complete your vehicle registration will make for both safer streets and cleaner air. This is because more Texas motorists will be required to comply with safety and emissions testing laws, meaning more environmentally equipped roadways.
- This new law will also help with fraud prevention, as the possibility of inspection sticker fraud and theft will be significantly reduced.
Serving Carrollton, North Texas, Coppell, and all of Texas, contact Mike Leonard Agency for all of your auto insurance needs.