These pool safety tips will help to keep you and your family stay safe this summer.
Summer weather is here! From backyard barbecues to swim parties, it’s the best season to spend time outdoors. But, as you and your family get ready to spend time out by the pool, put safety first. Check out these pool safety tips to help you kick off the summer.
- Be mindful of children. Kids are more susceptible to poolside accidents. Keep a watchful eye on your kids anytime you’re near the pool. You can even install a fence around your pool for added protection.
- Don’t run by the pool. As water splashes around the pool, the risk of slipping and falling increases. Use caution when walking near a pool.
- Never jump or dive into the shallow end. You may hit the bottom of the pool and sustain serious injury. Play it safe and only jump into deep water.
- Keep kids away from drains, pipes, filters, and anything other pool equipment. Children are curious, and those pool contraptions can be dangerous.
- Wear lots of sunscreen. Just because you’re in the water doesn’t mean that you’re safe from the sun. Apply a waterproof sunscreen with at least a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30.
- Regularly clean your pool. Bacteria and algae can build up if you don’t regularly clean your pool. If left unchecked, they can be hazardous to your health.
- Have a first aid kit on hand. Sometimes accidents happen. Be prepared for any mishaps with a first aid kit.
These pool safety tips help to keep you and your guests safe. Give yourself added protection with homeowners insurance. Contact Mike Leonard Insurance Agency in North Texas. We’ll work to get you the right coverage from our carriers Kemper, MetLife, Travelers, The Hartford, Safeco Insurance, Progressive, and American Strategic Insurance so you can rest easy with great protection.