Did you know that July is UV Safety Month? UV damage is directly associated with skin cancer which is a preventable cancer. Skin cancer is caused by lifestyle habits and therefore can be avoided. As long as we work together as a community, we can spread awareness and prevent skin cancer.
Promote UV Safety Month by:
- Encourage your friends and family members to adopt good sun safety habits. You should inform anyone you can of the importance of applying sunscreen daily to even the most stubborn parts and to reapply throughout the day. You can also promote limiting sun exposure during the strongest sun hours of 10am until 4pm.
- Ask your boss if it would be okay for you to place UV Safety Month awareness flyers around the office. You can post a flyer with sun safety tips in the bathrooms and exits of each room to encourage sun safety habits.
- Ask the administrator of your child’s school and other youth leaders in the community to encourage sun safety habits and taking steps to prevent skin cancer.
- As a business owner, you can add tips for skin cancer prevention in your monthly newsletter and inform your clients of how much you care about their health.
- Get social! Post on your social media pages tips for sun safety habits and how others can do their part to promote a good cause.
- Consider hosting a community event by the pool where you talk about the importance of applying skin cancer and staying in the shade. Show your peers the shadow test. If your shadow is taller than you are, than the sun’s rays are at an extreme level which can be dangerous.
Mike Leonard Insurance Agency, located in Carrollton, Texas, has been providing residents Texas with excellent insurance products and services since 1982. We understand the importance of protecting your most valuable asset – yourself. Contact us today and allow us to fulfill all of your personal insurance needs.