Indulge On This Refreshing Recipe This Summer
There are so many amazing recipes out there, but there is something magical about the combination of summer and shrimp. This shrimp recipe is just as refreshing as it is delicious. We recommend fixing up this recipe to impress your friends and family.
Shrimp Recipe Destined To Impress:
What you will need:
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Zested & Juiced Lemons
- 5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- ¾ Pound of Medium Shrimp
- ¼ Onion
- ¾ Pound Thin Linguini
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1 Small Bunch of Chopped Parsley Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
How to prepare:
- Start by combining lemon zest, juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper together with the shrimp and set aside to marinate.
- While your shrimp is marinating, make a quick shrimp stock by boiling water with the shrimp shells and onion. Once the water begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Strain the shrimp stock in a bowl and discard the shells and onion.
- Next, boil a large pot of water and add salt. Once boiling, add the linguini and cook for 2 minutes less than what is instructed on the packaging. Drain and reserve ½ cup of the water used to boil the linguini.
- Next, heat a skillet over high heat and add the shrimp to the skillet, reserving the marinade. Cook until each shrimp begins to turn pink and caramelize. This should take about three minutes. Then, remove the shrimp and add the reserved marinade to the skillet. After it cooks for a few minutes, add 1 cup of shrimp stock and ½ cup of the pasta water and cook until the sauce reduces by half.
- Add the remaining lemon juice and zest, butter, and parsley and stir until well combined.
- Add the shrimp to the pasta, toss with the sauce, serve, and enjoy!
We hope you enjoy this Recipe: Lemony Shrimp Scampi Pasta! Contact Mike Leonard Insurance Agency for all of your North Texas insurance needs.